Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sweet Boy

Kai and I were playing on the couch. He sat on my lap, held my face in his palms and looked me in the eye, "Do you love me, mommy?" I pulled him into my arms and kissed him, "Yes, I do. I love you very very much." With his head buried in my chest, he said sheepishly, "I love you too." "Aww~~" I held him tight in my arms. I wanted to soak up this moment. Then he pushed away and struggled to get down. As he played with his cars on the coffee table, he said (to his cars), "And I love my daddy too because he's my best friend."

 

I woke up really sore and cranky (because of a cold) this morning. After a few failing attempts to make me laugh, Kai said, "Mommy, are you okay? Is it something I did?" (sound of my heart breaking)

 

Kai was watching Dora The Explorer and I was just coming out of the shower when we heard Wei crying on the baby monitor (Bill was with her upstairs). "I'm coming, Wei! I'm coming!" he hopped off the couch and start running to the stairs. I turned off the hair dryer, "What are you doing, Kai?" In a distance came the voice of a very serious 3-year-old, "I'm going upstairs to check on my baby Wei, mommy." A couple minutes later, I caught a glimpse of Kai running past the bathroom into the living room. As he was running back upstairs, I asked again, "What are you doing now?" "I'm getting Weiwei's car (the one in the video Car Game) for her. She wants to sleep with her car."

 

 

No comments: